The purpose of Celebrate Recovery is to encourage fellowship and celebrate God’s healing power in our lives through the 12 steps and 8 Recovery Principles. This experience allows us to “be changed” as we open the door by sharing our experience, strength, and hope with each other. In addition, we become willing to accept God’s grace in solving our life’s problems. By working and applying these biblical principles, we begin to grow spiritually. We become free from our addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy, and most importantly, a stronger personal relationship with God and others. As we progress through the program we discover our personal, loving and forgiving Higher Power—Jesus Christ.
Welcome to an Amazing Spiritual Adventure!
Small Group Guidelines
1. Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings. Limit your sharing to three to five minutes. Please use me, my and I statements.
2. There is NO cross talk. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in conversation excluding all others. Cross talk would also be using someones’s name in the group that has shared something similar. Each person is free to express her feelings without interruptions.
3. We are here to support one another, not “fix” another.
4. Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group. The only exception is when someone threatens to injure themselves or others.
5. Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group. Offensive language could also be harsh negative words. Please refrain from using them, as they can be a trigger to someone’s recovery.